Why would you ever want scramble eggs any other way? My darling friend Michelle Crawford was kind enough to share her riches with me, and this was the result. Tasmania has every perfect ingredient to make this delectable breakfast.
- 4 fresh chock eggs
- 1/3 cup good quality cream
- truffle (fresh but you can use oil infused if you can’t get fresh.)
- sour dough bread (I used Pigeon Whole Bakers sour dough)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the cream and some salt. whisk with a fork
- Heat your non stick frying pan add a little butter, not to hot, a medium heat is perfect, whilst cooking fold the eggs. Till just cooked, you can pull it off just before they are done, they will continue to cook as from the heat generated, most people make the mistake of cooking them to they are done, but there is nothing worse than over done eggs.
- Have your toast in the toaster ready for action. You want to time the toast so its buttered and ready for the creamy eggs.
- Place the eggs on the toast and use your microplane to grate the truffle over the top, if your feeling rich add as much as your taste buds desire.
Sarah’s tips & tricks
- if you cant get fresh truffle, try using truffle oil. Most good deli will have this.
- Michelle Crawford has just written her first book.. Be sure to buy it.. xooxo
Serves: 4 • Time to make: 10 MINUTES