Williams & Sonoma Peppermint Bark Christmas Rocky Road
How to make Peppermint Marshmallow
3 packets of gelatine
2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of peppermint extract
Icing sugar to dust with
- Get your slice tin ready by greasing it with butter and by lining it with cling warp. Works a treat!
- In a medium bowl, pour in 1/2 cup of water, add the gelatine, stir and set aside
- In a medium saucepan place the sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup of water over on a high heat. Bring to the boil (you want it to roll with bubbles). Allow to boil for a further 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Use a handheld electric mixer or your Kitchen Aid to mix the gelatine, then slowly add the sugar syrup on the side of the bowl and continue to mix on a low speed.
- Turn to high speed and continue to whip for 10-12 minutes until the batter almost triples in size and becomes very thick. Scrape down the sides to prevent overflowing.
- Transfer the mixture in to the prepared slice tin. Work fast or it will set, cover with more cling wrap and set aside to set
- Once it is set, place icing sugar on a board and turn out the marshmallow
How to assemble it all together to make Rocky Road
300g white chocolate
500g dark chocolate
1 tin of Williams & Sonoma Peppermint Bark
8 candy canes
1 tray of the Peppermint Marshmallows cut into desired shape, I did massive squares.
- Melt your white and dark chocolate in separate bowls (use non-reactive bowls such as glass or metal), I use the double-bowl method - water in the bottom over a low heat then bowl on top, the steam will melt the chocolate.
- Cut the Williams-Sonoma chocolate into small pieces
- Smash the candy cain into desirable size
- In a metal bowl place the chopped marshmallow, half the candy cain and Williams-Sonoma chocolate bark, pour over half the dark chocolate, and mix thoroughly, place into a prepared slice tin that has been lined with baking paper. Then pour over more dark and white chocolate along with candy canes and the Williams-Sonoma chocolate bark. Place in the fridge till its cool enough to cut.