Whole Egg Pasta, Black Sea Salt and Chickweed
RECIPE BY SARAH GLOVER • PHOTOGRAPHY BY LUISA BRIMBLE
I had no idea what ingredients I had to work with when I rocked up to visit Erika & Hayden from Epicurean Harvest. But I had some hungry mouths to feed and this dish was the perfect fit. The hens had laid some beautiful eggs and the yolks were rich in colour .
- one packet of whole egg spaghettiI like to use "Barilla"
- 1 bunch of chickweed
- 1 bunch carrot top leaves
- 125g good quality sheep milk cheese
- 4 free range egg (just the yolk)
- pepper/ black sea salt
- olive oil if needed
- Cook your pasta until al'dente in a pot of boiling water, keep a little of the water in the pot, place the pasta back into the pot.
- Add the egg yolk and mix over low heat until it becomes creamy.
- Add the grated cheese, chickweed and season.
- Garnish will a little extra chickweed, cheese, and black sea salt (some olive oil if you like)
Sarah’s tips & tricks
- You can serve the pasta with the egg in the middle but it must be hot and mixed in right away.
- You can also use up your carrot top leaves too. you just want a green leaf that has a nice peppery bite to it.