Konjac noodles, is the new best thing,
in my opinion, it's uber healthy and full
of yummy goodness.
Seared Miso Salmon
- 4 x 180g salmon, pin-boned, skin on
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion
- ½ red chilli
- 2 limes
- Chinese five-spice
- miso paste
- In a mortar and pestle put the ginger, garlic, onion, chilli, chines five spice, miso paste, pound until combined
- Rub into the salmon.
- Heat up a medium heavy based frying pan with coconut oil, once its hot, place the salmon in the pan skin side down, allow it to go crispy, turn once in the pan.
Spinach Basil Pesto
- a bunch spinach
- half a bunch coriander
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g hemp seeds
- 50g soaked cashews (aprox 2hours in water)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt peper
- lemon juice
Place the, spinach, coriander, sunflower seeds, hemp, garlic and miso into the blender mix till well combined.
Konjac noodle salad
- a bunch of Kale
- a packet of Konjac, maybe two if your serving 4 pp
Wash the kelp, and finely chop the kale, add the pesto and mix together
Place the Konjac Noodle salad, with the pesto in in the bottom of the bowl and toss to combined, arrange artfully on the plate, add the salmon on top, i garnished mine with dried seaweed that i got form my local health food store.
Sarah’s tips & tricks
- You can use any noodle in this dish, i was trying to find kelp noodles but didn’t find any in time for the clip.
- You can also marinate the salmon for a few hours before use, the lime juice will cure the salmon and you can just sear it in the pan.