I am still not sure how I managed to get this one so bloody tasty… But here it is.. and here you are. I shared this recipe with my beautiful friend Michelle Crawford, she runs a blog Hugo and Elsa, its a must read...
- 80g coconut oil
- 40g Tahini
- 50g rice malt syrup
- 100g brown sugar
- 60g coconut chips
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g almond flaks
- 150g rolled oats
- 5g cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate to decorate with or more if you so desire
- Sea salt flakes
- Pre heat the oven to 180c, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine the coconut oil, tahini, rice malt syrup, brown sugar, in a bowl and mix with the beaters till creamed
- Add the coconut chips, desiccate coconut, almond flakes, rolled oats, cinnamon,egg and chocolate, mix till combined.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 10mins. Then portion out onto the tray. I flatten mine down nice and tin, it makes it chewy and crunchy.
- Bake till golden brown on the edges apron
- 10-15mins. Drizzle with more melted chocolate and a pink of salt on each
Sarah’s tips & tricks
- You can add chocolate thought the mixture if you like, i also add dried apricot sometimes too.
Time to make: 30-40mins
Images By Luisa Brimble And Hannah Mccowatt