I think I have a crush on making elixirs and other drinkables goodies. This was my first of many drinks to come. Its perfect for your little picnic or the kitchen fridge for those “unexpected adventures”.
- zest of 3 lemons
- juice of 6 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of ginger zest
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar
- 4 cups of water
- In a medium pot add the lemon juice, zest, ginger, agave nectar and water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 20-30mins till it reduces and become flavoursome.
- Put into the bottle and allow to cool before chilling in the fridge.
Sarah’s tips & tricks
- Mint ice cubes work a treat with this.
Try halving the water and making it more of a cordial so you can add soda water or Gin?
Serves: 4 • cooking time: 40 minutes