RECIPE BY SARAH GLOVER • PHOTOGRAPHY BY LUISA BRIMBLE
3 packets of gelatine
2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 table spoons of vanilla
1 table spoon of peppermint extract
Icing sugar to dust with
- Get your slice tin ready by greasing it with butter and by lining it with cling warp. Works a treat!
- In a medium bowl, pour in 1/2 cup of water, add the gelatine, stir and set aside
- In a medium saucepan place the sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup of water over on a high heat. Bring to the boil (you want it to roll with bubbles). Allow to boil for a further 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Use a handheld electric mixer or your Kitchen Aid to mix the gelatine, then slowly add the sugar syrup on the side of the bowl and continue to mix on a low speed.
- Turn to high speed and continue to whip for 10-12 minutes until the batter almost triples in size and becomes very thick. Scrape down the sides to prevent overflowing.
- Transfer the mixture in to the prepared slice tin. Work fast or it will set, cover with more cling wrap and set aside to set
- Once it is set, place icing sugar on a board and turn out the marshmallow
Sarah’s tips & tricks
Try putting half the mixture in and adding chocolate in the centre.
You can also use other flavoured extracts.