Milk Poached Lamb Meat Balls
RECIPE BY SARAH GLOVER • PHOTOGRAPHY BY LUISA BRIMBLE
For me, cooking has always involved people and my heart. I loved, and still love, the idea of making someone something they can experience and find joy in. I’m obsessed with flavours and texture. I hope this inspires you and helps you enjoy a simple pleasure called “life”.
500g lamb mince
Olive Oil or grapeseed Oil
2 onions, diced (1 for the meatballs mixture and 1 to add with tomato sauce)
1 clove garlic, diced
Handful of goat's feta, crumbed
2 cups milk
1 tin of whole cherry Italian tomatoes
Salt and pepper
- In a glass bowl mix the lamb mince, onion, garlic, goat's feta and plain flour, then roll the mixture into balls.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and brown the meatballs, then pour the milk to cover the meatballs
- Open the tin of of whole cherry tomatoes and squish these babies on top of the meatballs
- Season to taste. Let it simmer and reduce some of the liquid, up to you how much sauce you want to serve it with.
- You can serve these with store bought pasta. Follow instructions on the packet.